As I was cleaning my son’s arse this morning after he left us his latest big deposit, he what appeared to be, randomly saying names of different animals. As I was still in my post-sleep haze, I just went along with it as you do, thinking how clever he is knowing all these creatures at an early age.
He must have realised I wasn’t fully switched on, when he says, “Dadda…look!”.
He was pointing over to his toy box.
On his toy box, there were all the animals he was pointing out.
He’s had this toy box to store his toys for over a year and never in all that time I have noticed these pictures on the toy box.
I see this toy box every day. I’m forever putting back toys in this box after he goes to bed.
But i’ve never really look at this toy box. It’s a nice toy box.
So what else am I not “seeing”? What else am I not seeing that’s in my view every day?
Note to self: Stop. Look around.
Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.
- Slap some headphones on, crank up the music & strutt down the street. Preferably like how the Ghostbusters do it in the end credits of ‘The Real Ghostbusters’ cartoon series from the 80’s. Not seen it? Check it out on Youtube
- Buy the biggest bar of chocolate you can find & eat it all in one session. Don’t worry about the calories. Nor the guilt.
- Take a 15 minute jog as you’re still feeling guilty for eating that massive bar of chocolate that some idiot told you to do yesterday. You don’t need to jog fast. You don’t even need to jog. Do a speed walk if it’s easier. Get that toosh rocking!
- Knock on someone’s front door & run off. No, seriously. I do it occasionally & I still get that instant adrenaline rush like I did when I was a kid. And your gettaway will be even better if you’ve been taking regular 15 minutes jogs.(I would advise not doing it to your neighbours on the same street as you. But then again, live dangerously!)
- Drive* to a drive-thru fast food establishment. When you’re at the intercom to order food, don’t order any food. Ask them how their day is going & ask them if you can buy them some lunch/dinner. Whatever the outcome, at least you’ve been kind. And isn’t that a nice feeling!*If you don’t have a car, just walk up to the drive-thru. Don’t go inside. They’ll think you’re crazy if you do it face to face.
And there you have it! Easy mood boosters!
Thanks for reading.
Peace & love.
I was originally going to title this blog post as “I’ll be back”, but I decided against it because I feel it would have been too easy and secondly it required no imagination. Plus, thirdly I was assuming everyone would understand the Arnold Schwarzenegger reference & find it hillarious, where in fact I don’t think he’s said it in any of his films in the last 15 years.
Continue reading “Back In 5 Minutes”
The Days Of Past Thoughts – Part VII: Jason Takes Manhattan
The post below is one from the archives, back in 2006. Man, that was a different world. Continue reading “My Conspiracy Theory About DJ’s”
Carol at Born Into The Wild Life has very kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Check out her blog as she has an interesting background & writes interesting posts about her thoughts & life. And she has broken many bones!
I’m in a bit of a rush today & limited for time, but as I haven’t posted much lately I will nominate you (yes YOU the person reading this!) to answer the same questions i’ve answered below in the comments section.
- Do you have a favourite pair or pairs of socks. If so, which ones?Oddly enough yes. My sister bought me some thick socks from Fat Face last Christmas. They’re great for around the house and they are also great for heel support when I wear my boots.
- If humans naturally had colourful hair like in cartoons and anime, what colour hair would you choose?It has to be the blue hair from Sonic the Hedgehog. Technically he’s from a game, but it was made into a cartoon. Plus he’s a hedgehog, so he has spikes. But that’s my answer & I ain’t changing it.
- If you don’t leave the house, what do you wear all day?If I definitely know I won’t be leaving the house that day, I’ll stay in my pj’s. And depending how badly I smell, I might be a right scumbag & not shower either.
- Do you have any pets?No. Too much hassle.
- What’s your favourite home cooked dish?Tough call. I love cheese. A big cheesy lasagne is a winner. Or a spaghetti bolognese. But I suppose you can’t beat a big roast dinner.
- Do you have piercings? If so, what ones?No. On a guy, they look a bit daft once you get past a certain age.
- Have you ever gone skydiving?No. I have thought about it. Everytime I watch ‘Point Break’ (the original, not the shitty remake) I think it would be cool to be just like Patrick Swayze. But I feel you have to have a lot of faith in the parachute. I’ve gotta have faith.
- Do you have any tattoos?No. Toyed with the idea in my younger days. But glad I didn’t. I’ve seen a lot of naff & poorly done tattoos. I think you need to have a particular physique & skin tone for a tattoo(s) to look good. And having sat through my other halfs tattoo removal sessions, I would recommend anyone considering getting a tattoo to witness one.
If you’re reading this & have a tattoo, don’t ask me if I like your tattoo.
- What is your least favourite chore?Washing up. Sure you can get a dishwasher, but after an hour of doing its thing, they can still come out half dirty. If I was rich I would throw away dirty dishes & buy new ones each time.
- If you had the choice to learn any language fluently (including reading/writing), what would it be and why?I couldn’t pick one, so here’s what I’d go for & why:
French. I could listen to a french person all day. It’s very soothing.
Italian. Everything sounds so passionate.
German. I would tell people off & swear all day long in German.
Japanese. I really want to go to Japan. It would be nice to know some lingo.
- What is your favourite fruit?Pineapple. It’s so juicy & succulent. But not on a pizza because that’s wrong. And I will fight you if you disagree.
And that’s about it! Sorry for any dodgy spelling & grammar.
Peace & love.
The Fall Of Icarus was a painting by Flemish painter Pieter Bruegel. It is based on a Greek legend about a father & his son, Icarus, who were imprisoned.
The father makes wings for himself & Icarus to escape prison. The wings were made out of wax and the father warned Icarus not to fly too close to the sun, otherwise the wings made of wax will melt and therefore he will fall.
However, Icarus doesn’t listen to his father’s advice and unfortunately he falls into the sea.
Now if you look at the painting below, all you really notice is that it is a landscape picture which includes a man ploughing, a shepherd and some ships. Continue reading “Your Life Defining Moment Is Someone Else’s Incidental Backdrop”